Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Wreath for Easter

A little late, I know!

I wanted an Easter wreath, but didn't want to spend any money....so here's what I came up with!


Anyhow, first rustle up your trusty helper cat....
And then get your materials:
  • For this el-cheapo wreath, I used the brown packing paper that came out of a box = Free!
  • A wreath from the dollar store = $1.00
  • Some old plastic Easter eggs from the depths of the closet = free
  • Three pieces of sheet music = a few cents worth                                                 
(I had a whole bunch that I'd purchased from Knick of Time: a lovely Etsy shop and a lovely blog too!)
  • ModPodge
  • Glue gun
  • Stapler
First, I stapled some of the brown paper around the  wreath as a base for the rest of the decorations:
                                                                           Like so--
                      Then I took another long piece of brown paper and scrunched it up, sorta like this:

                     Fastening down all the scrunched up bits with the stapler and the hot glue gun:
Straightening and fluffing as I went along:
To make the wreath!
Tearing up the sheet music into small strips and using some ModPodge, I covered
ye olde plastic Easter eggs:
And added the "musical" eggs, twine and a burlap bow to make
a rustic wreath:



No comments:

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...